Monday, March 20, 2017

A few things for this week

The home work books are at school as I am updating the maths goals and adding a few more resources to them. I ran out of time today but really want to get them all finishes at once! If you would like me to email your child's "Reading Eggs" login, just let me know.

Swimming has finished for this term - the water temperature has really dropped over the past week and it's not so nice for the kids. We will swim again sometime in Term 4.

We made at start on our water unit today - this will be our focus for the rest of the term. We will be learning all about the water cycle, ways we use water, doing some experiments around the different forms of water and a few other things.

Show and Tell - we will know longer be doing show and tell on Friday. Instead, we'll try "Topic Sharing". So if you have anything at home around 'water' your child can bring it in any day of the week. They don't have to wait for Friday. We'll see how it goes for the rest of the term. I just felt that show and tell was getting a little old!

Writer's Notebook - the children a really enjoying choosing pictures from my picture box to write about. If you have any pictures at home of pets, things they've built/drawn, favourite toys or teddys or special trips somewhere - basically anything that might be special to them and something they can write about - feel free to email it through to me and I can print it off at school and glue it in their book. This can be such a powerful way to have kids really motivated to write! It's also really good for me to learn more about their interests as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment